Competition Regulation

– The competition is divided in six categories – A, B, C, D, E and F;

– The categories A, B, C and D will be open to the public, on the 1st July 2018;

– The categories E and F will be open to the public on the 6th, 7th and 8th July 2018. The first round of the Category E will take place on the 7th July and the final will take place on the 8th July. The first round of the category F will take place on the 6th July and the final will take place on the 8th July;

– The competitors can only apply to one category;

– The competitors cannot apply to a category that they have won in the last edition;

– Each category must have a minimal number of registrations in order to happen: 6 to the category A; 8 to the categories B, C, D  and 10 to the category E and F;

– If some category cannot occur, by lacking of registered students, the competitors will be noticed timely and they will be refunded;

– In the categories A, B, C, and D it will happen a single round;

– In the categories E and F it will happen a first round and a final;

– In the final the competitors of the categories E and F, cannot repeat any piece performed in the first round;

– The winners of the categories E and F will have to perform in the opening concert of the fifth edition of the “ Amarante International Guitar Festival and Competition”,in 2019;

– The 1st Prize will be divided into two parts, 80% will be received at the end of the F category competition and the remaining 20% will be awarded after the 5th Edition Opening Concert in 2019;

– The age of the competitors in all the categories will be as at 30th June 2018;

– The registration deadline is 15th June 2018;

– The jury decision is final;.

– The jury cannot evaluate a competitor if he/she is his/her student;

– The competitors may be awarded with honourable mentions;

– There will be no evenly prizes;

– In case of dropping out the festival´s organisation will not refund the registration fee;

– The competitors may choose the order of their works presentation;

– The competitors must perform the repertoire by heart;

– The information about the place, day, time of the competition will be sent by email until the 20th June 2018;

– All competitors will have a certificate of participation;

– The festival´s organisation does not held accountability in case of damage, harm caused or suffered and/or material losses during the festival activities;

– The awards of the categories A, B, C and D will be delivered on the 1st July 2018;

– The awards of the categories E and F will be delivered on the 8th July 2018;

– The competitors must provide two copies of the piece(s) that they will perform to the festival’s organisation. The copies must be presented on the day of the event prior to their performance;

– Any competitor who is discovered to have given false information in the documentation provided will be automatically and immediately disqualified;

– Any matter missing in the regulation will be decided by the festival’s organisation;